Awesome

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I'm worn all out! But Remembering the Reason

As I sit here in from of my computer screen I contemplate the meaning of life... not really.

What I am really contemplating is going to bed early(ish). As in now. It's almost ten at night and I have another early morning getting two kids going in the same direction and off to school appropriately dressed with shoes on, including socks; clothes on, including underwear; and teeth AND hair brushed! Whew, it's more work than you can imagine making that happen 5 days a week.

I'm looking forward to Christmas Vacation for that very reason. Yes I'm excited to have family over. Yes I'm enjoying the decorations and the holiday treats. But most of all I'm excited to sleep in a bit. Relax in the mornings. Ahhhh, I'm enjoying the idea now.

Life can get so busy with extra holiday ... stuff, that we often can forget the actual reason for the holidays! Faith. Family. Joy. Peace. Good Music. And of course good (great!) food!

I am ready to relax, but I want to remember why I am able to celebrate this awesome, worldwide holiday. I have complete belief that God sent his son, Jesus to be born of a virgin so that he could be the ultimate blood sacrifice needed to fulfill the covenant laid out between God and Abraham. I believe Jesus died on a cross like a common criminal, was buried, rose again 3 days later and ascended to heaven where He waits for me.

I'm going to take time to remember those things every day.





No comments:

Post a Comment